Monday, March 1, 2010

Update on Reading through the Bible


On July 18, 2009 I started reading through the Bible...not like most of the ways that are promoted (like in a year.) For me to read it in a year would have been more like something to check off my "to do list". This is God's Word!!! Not something to accomplish in a year and say...well look at me I read the Bible in a year. I wanted more plus if I missed a day on the schedule, well then I was finished. I would never catch up.

So, I started reading one chapter in Gensis, one chapter in Psalm and one in Matthew. It has been one of the most rewarding experiences in my life. It has taught me diligence and perseverance. Sometimes, I had no clue what I just read and sometimes the Words just leaped off the page. Sometimes, I missed a day and guess what, I did not feel I was behind at all. Currently I have read through, Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Psalms, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, First Corinthians, Second Corinthians and Galatians.

God gets the glory and praise in all of it.

No comments: