Sunday, March 29, 2009

I Don't Do That Anymore


Well it has been 3 months since I no longer drink Diet Coke....I LOVED Diet Coke...it was the first thing that I drank in the morning and the last thing at night...when I was hungry, I got a DC...when I was stressed, I got a DC. I could drink in 1 to 3 days a case of it.

...and boy did I eat the junk food. I craved it. When I lived in Slidell, I would stop at the gas station right outside my neighborhood and get 2 more Diet Cokes and 2 Hubig lemon pies as my breakfast and for the drive to work. I ate chips and candy bars and junk all day long with all the Diet Cokes.

...and the salt that I would add to my food was a truck load. I did not even taste the food before I poured the salt on it. And I do mean pour it on.

The other day, I realized (and my husband did too)...I don't eat junk food anymore and I rarely add salt to my food after it is cooked.

I am not a nutritionist but it seems to me that something in Diet Coke made me crave junk food and salt

Things have changed....for the better

3 comments:

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

Dear Renee,
I was reading through Rhonda Jean's comments on Down to Earth and saw 'sustainablegodlywoman' what a great name!; that sounds like me, trying to live more sustainably but knowing that it is God and His Word and His presence in my life and home, who sustains me (and my gardens by sending the rain and the sunshine!) I have just popped over and read through your posts. My family are on the same journey and I started my blog in Feb 09. You may enjoy visiting my home,garden and family. We are interested in similar things ... living a more healthy lifestyle, breadmaking, I have glass jars lining my pantry shelves too and we are Christians who love the Lord. I try to incorporate God's word into my posts whenever I can. Do come and visit if you have time.

Susan said...

I'm so proud of you!!!

Kristin said...

Good job! :) :) :)