Saturday, March 14, 2009

Vinegar and Mopping



Last year, I had been reading about natural ways to clean. One that I am using when I mop the floors is a solution of white vinegar and water.

I use an O-Cedar mop and 4 micro mop heads by O-Cedar as well(just throw then in the laundry to wash with the towels when they get dirty). I have the solution of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle.

Not only is it economical but it is good for the environment (meaning your home and loved ones). Yes, it does smell like someone just busted a pickle jar but it is temporary.

There are many, many website that tell you want types of floors you can use it on. I have oak hardwood floors (from the 50's) and linoleum. Depending on your floors and the seal on them, you will have to see if vinegar and water is an option for you.

Here is one of many website that tell of the uses of vinegar.
http://www.vinegartips.com/cleaning/

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hi! I came across your blog today and wanted to say hello :)

I also mop with vinegar and water, and recently started adding a couple drops of tea tree oil. It makes things smell a lot nicer and it's an antimicrobial, I believe. Anyway, it works on my linolium floor-- I don't know about wood/tile, though.

Thanks for the tip about sticking the mop head in the laundry-- I never thought of that! :)